Improving Supervision Tool # 7
About Hearts & Minds
- The Hearts and Minds toolkit was developed by Shell E&P, based upon 20 years of university research, and is being successfully applied in both Shell and non-Shell companies around the world.
- Hearts and Minds uses a range of tools and techniques to help the organization involve all staff in managing HSE as an integral part of their business.
- Collectively, these tools and techniques are known as the Hearts and Minds Toolkit.
This state of the art toolkit is available to those outside the Shell Group, thanks to a publishing agreement between the Energy Institute and Shell E&P. The Hearts and Minds Toolkit has tools suitable for managers, team leaders and workforce at all levels, that are designed to work alongside any existing HSE tools your organisation may already use.
Why Improving Supervision Course?
People are often promoted to the role of a supervisor because they have the ability to meet production targets and have had suitable technical training. However, that does not necessarily mean that they have completed training to enable them to become successful supervisors.
Supervisors are key to managing hazards and risks in business. Businesses put ‘barriers’ in place to stop a hazard becoming an undesirable outcome, and rely on their employees at different stages to highlight any problems. A supervisor has a crucial role in this process, to make sure that employees talk to each other about hazards, and that any problems are highlighted. If there is a lack of supervision then these barriers become difficult to implement and maintain.
A supervisor should be using the following procedure:
- Plan the work in sufficient detail.
- Do the work so it is completed according to the plan.
- Review what happened, learn from problems.
- Feedback, what went right and can be done better.
- Implement improvements.
- Inform people outside the team about any learning points discovered.
The Improving supervision provides a step-by-step process to identify problems with the quality of supervision, and drives improvement. It also helps supervisors understand their leadership styles and how their working style is perceived by the people they manage.
Who is this course for
- This course is for anyone at work no matter which function they are responsible for
- Understanding roles and influence of a supervisor at work
- Helping supervisors to know their leadership in an organization
Course Accreditation: The Board of Certified Occupational Safety Professionals (BCOSP)
- 1,989,000 vnd or
This fee covers certificate and original booklet of the tool by Energy Institute, UK
Minimum # of participants: 15/class
Course duration: 08 hours
Book the course:
Call us: 07220.127.116.11
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Supervisors & Workers
- Language English and/or Vietnamese
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes