Managing Rule Breaking Tool # 6
About Hearts & Minds
- The Hearts and Minds toolkit was developed by Shell E&P, based upon 20 years of university research, and is being successfully applied in both Shell and non-Shell companies around the world.
- Hearts and Minds uses a range of tools and techniques to help the organization involve all staff in managing HSE as an integral part of their business.
- Collectively, these tools and techniques are known as the Hearts and Minds Toolkit.
This state of the art toolkit is available to those outside the Shell Group, thanks to a publishing agreement between the Energy Institute and Shell E&P. The Hearts and Minds Toolkit has tools suitable for managers, team leaders and workforce at all levels, that are designed to work alongside any existing HSE tools your organisation may already use.
Why Managing Rule Breaking Course?
Rules and procedures form one of the major barriers between hazards and unwanted events. Failure to follow these established procedures removes one or more of these barriers.
This can be due to human error, or the rules can be broken intentionally. In combination with a single error or mechanical failure, violations can lead to disaster. The Managing rule breaking tool will help you to understand why people break rules and how to manage and change this.
The majority of people break rules and cut corners for what they see as good reasons – often to get the job done. Managing rule breaking explains that most people can be classified as either a Sheep or a Wolf and illustrates how to get both to follow procedures. Sheep are guardians of high standards who dislike having to break the rules. Wolves have fewer problems with violation, feel in control of situations and exploit opportunities when they arise.
Managing rule breaking contains a number of different sections, focusing on the solutions to different types of rule-breaking. Use it with managers to clarify the organisation’s policy and system for managing unsafe acts and learning from incidents. Use it with supervisors and their staff to determine if procedures are being used and how they can be improved.
Who is this course for:
This course is for anyone at work no matter which function they are responsible for
- Understanding human errors
- Why people fail to comply with rules at work
- Know who are sheep but wear wolf’s clothes and who are wolves but wear sheep’s clothes
- How to manage the rule breaking
Course Accreditation: The Board of Certified Occupational Safety Professionals (BCOSP)
- 1,989,000 vnd or
This fee covers certificate and original booklet of the tool by Energy Institute, UK
Minimum # of participants: 15/class
Course duration: 08 hours
Book the course:
Call us: 07126.96.36.199
Swiss Cheese Model
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Supervisors & Workers
- Language English and/or Vietnamese
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes